If you travel to Costa Rica:
- If you want to see pure, authentic Costa Rica, visit the small villages and the countryside.
- If you visit small villages, it helps to know some Spanish. Most people from villages do not know English.
- The best time to visit is the high (dry) season. In general, that is December through April. The rest of the year is the green (rainy) season.
- Carry some toilet paper with you. Not all public restrooms are supplied with that
- Some businesses charge to use their toilets. The price ranges from 100 to 300 colonas.
- If you are on a budget, hostels are reasonably priced. They are also a great way to meet other world travelers.
- When asking for directions, ask “where is LaFortuna?” Then you might get a straight answer. Never ask “Is LaFortuna that way?” and point. The answer will always be “si” (yes) even if you are pointing in the opposite direction.
Like anywhere when traveling, be cautious and take care not to allow anyone see where you keep your money or passport.
My Blog Posts About Costa Rica: